01 October 2009

Thursday Link Party: Comic Book-Themed Food Tastes Better

Being links I found of interest as I explored the hinterlands of the interwebs this week. Perhaps you've already seen them. If so, I apologize. I will try to read your mind harder next time.

A 1990 exploration of Will Eisner's comics typography. (via Paul Pope)

Denny O'Neil talks about how to write comics, in the first of a series at Bleeding Cool. This is the only place I will ever feel it appropriate to mention that O'Neill has always reminded me of my tax guy, to a scary degree, in both physical appearance and general demeanor.

NPR's Monkey See blog offers an appreciation of HOBODARKSEID that kinda overexplains a joke that's only funny if you get it already. Also, spoiler alert: It reveals HOBODARKSEID's true identity. (It's Hawk from Hawk & Dove, although it was originally supposed to be Captain Atom. I like jokes on the INSIDE!)

Jonah Weiland remembers the short-lived Marvel Mania restaurant at Universal Studios in California. Is it weird or pathetic that I wish I could have spent $34.95 on a Galactus-themed sundae? Does it help if I explain my pleasure at drinking a Warp Core Breach in Quark's Bar at the Las Vegas Hilton? Is anybody listening to me? (via The Beat)

Nothing to do with comics, but funny as hell: Dave Lartigue transforms his computer problems into an Agatha Christie drawing room mystery. Spoiler alert, again: Lady Printer did it. With a USB cable.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mick Martin said...

I always figured if I EVER considered going to a con and dressing up as a character, I would do it as Galactus and I would fill a hollowed-out globe with candy, and walk around munchin' on Earth. I probably will never do that. Not because I'm not that geeky, I am. I just don't care enough to make a Galactus suit or to pay for a globe I'm only going to use once as a joke.

October 1, 2009 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

it's too bad they've never done like a Casual Galactus. You could just wear your regular clothes and accomplish the same bit.

October 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Mick Martin said...

Yeah, they should have Greg Rucka do a Galactus series. Then it could just be Galactus in a wife-beater on a motorcycle.

October 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home