15 October 2009

Thursday Link Party: Sick of Myself


Under the weather this week, so forgive me if this veers too often into non-comics territory. You're tough. You'll get over it.

Comics Alliance has news that all five episodes of the Spider-Woman motion comic are now available for free on Hulu. I'm not personally a huge fan of the format, especially using Bendis' writing; the first episode for me highlighted how unnatural his scripting sounds when actually spoken. But I could see it working with certain comics, and I appreciate the attempt to experiment with major creators and characters.

NOT COMICS 1: Apparently there's an audio-animatronic Remy the Rat who will visit your table at a restaurant in Epcot. If I could afford it, I'd be there in a heartbeat, as I'd love to be entertained by a robotic rat while I eat French food.

Geoff Boucher at Hero Complex writes about the unlikely friendship between Frank Zappa and Jack Kirby, plugging an article by Jeff Newelt in Royal Flush magazine. Also scope that awesome Zappa-as-Kirby-character piece by Rick Veitch. (via Mark Evanier)

NOT COMICS 2: You're a geek, so you probably like They Might Be Giants, right? I know I sure do. Rolling Stone has a track-by-track interview with the Johns celebrating the 20th anniversary of Flood. Blue canary in the outlet by the lightswitch; who watches over you?

I adore the Bat-Blog. There, I said it. Right now you can read an entire Super Powers pack-in minicomic featuring Batman on the site.

NOT COMICS (but it oughta be) 3: Hamtramck Disneyland. See it to believe it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home