19 November 2009

Thursday Link Party: Alan Moore's Pop Career



That's Alan Moore, who turned 56 yesterday, orating one of his many pop music compositions. Searching for it also pulled up this exceptional blog post about Moore's many recorded contributions to the culture. Happy birthday, old bean. BONUS MOORE: A rare 1999 short comics story.

I haven't read the comic, and my feelings on Mark Millar are...mixed, but the trailer for Kick-Ass looks like it might be wrong-headed and fun. It's certainly one hell of a high concept, one of those head-slapper ideas that you know will be wildly successful and wish you were making money off of it because diapers are expensive and they just keep getting filled up...ah, fine then, where were we? Oh yes. Links.

Jack Kirby. "Psychic Blood-Hound." What more do you need to know? DON'T ASK JUST CLICK. (via Super I.T.C.H.)

A nice companion piece to David Wynne's Killing Joke defense...Gavok at 4thletter! has an interesting theory positioning Jason Todd as Dick Grayson's "Joker," his archenemy/opposite half.

More this week on Grant Morrison's New X-Men run, this time from Tim Callahan at CBR.

Sigrid at Fantastic Fangirls reviews S.W.O.R.D. #1 quite favorably. Have I mentioned I'm excited for this book? I'm excited for this book. It's on its way to me via the US postal service now. I anticipate its arrival.

Over at Alert Nerd, I posted an old dusty spec pitch I wrote for the Thing's short-lived comic series, back in the days when I thought the best way to happiness and success was writing unsolicited pitches for short-lived comics series.

NOT COMICS: Abraham Lincoln moves a few steps closer to gaining sentience and taking over the planet.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marc Sobel said...

That Kirby story is great! Reminds me of an Oliver Sachs case study.

November 19, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home