02 January 2010

What $37 Gets You...

So today is my 37th birthday (which I'm proud to share with Lynda Barry) and every year I treat myself to some random back issues. There are only three rules I try to follow:

1) The comics have to be total impulse buys (not something off my want list, or stuff that I had been planning on getting anyway),

2) Comics only, no trade paperbacks or graphic novels, and

3) The total cost has to be under $37 (basically, my age).

Here's what I got this year at Midtown Comics (who, luckily for me, was having a 40% off all back issues sale):









Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank Santoro said...

You got ripped off, haha.

January 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Marc Sobel said...

Yeah. Midtown is mostly mainstream stuff, so the pickings were slim. I would have preferred Time Machine on 14th St. but they were closed.

I thought Treehouse of Horrors was decent (though hardly top 10, like Jog), and those old Heavy Metals have some great stuff in them. The World's Finest I got solely for the Von Eeden art, but yeah, it kinda sucks.

January 7, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home